Thursday, August 4, 2011

The House that built me

Hope you all are having a lovely Thursday!  After weeks of residing in "Death Valley" Kansas (that's what I've been calling it) it finally rained this morning!
Oh it was a good rain too!  It sounded good, smelled good and my yellow grass is thankful for it!
Any hoo...
My 30th Birthday gag is quickly approaching.  6 more days.  My husband took his 30th in stride, with a smile & like a man.  Not so much for me though.  I am very grateful for my life as of now.  Where I came from, who I am, and what we have planned for our future.  I've lived here my whole life, in this town I call home.  My parents were working people, God bless them.  I spent my childhood days at my grandparents house.  It's been just recently I've realized how grateful I am for what they taught me, showed me, and for the amount of love they gave to me every day.  They taught me what fresh food was, NOT FAST FOOD.  

They have an enormous garden which they live on & love.  They taught me portion control, not all you can eat.  Many of the things I cook for my family now are things my grandmother & mother cooked for me when I was growing up.  We played outside.  We ran, swam, played tag, played on the swing set, picked food from the garden, collected the chickens eggs (oh not me on that...my brother maybe. deathly afraid of anything with wings).  The older I get the more I come to appreciate my days over there.  The lessons I learned and the things that help make me the mother I am today.
If anyone says I looked like a boy, the are automatically banished!

Me & my Grandma =)

Me & my mama (ain't she purdy)!

See i had style once! Haha!
Just a little trip down memory lane, thanks for joining me!
Happy Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment