Monday, July 25, 2011

Big Time... What?

First off, I'd like to thank the good Lord that I am still alive & breathing today.  I honestly don't know how I made it through Saturday.  Thank you Lord for helping me to endure the heats of hell!

So this is 'Big Time Rush'!  A boy band from Nickelodeon who have a hit tv show and apparently a very large following among teeny boppers.  I was excited, I'm not going to lie.  I'd like to state for the record that they are all 4 in their 20's so when I was jumping, fist pumping & screaming like my 8 year old daughter on Saturday I didn't feel like TOO much of an almost 30 year old pedophile.
(I will be 30 in..... 17 days) Holy SMOKES!

The event was held at a theme park WORLDS of Fun in Kansas City.  The high on this day was 106 degrees.  Mind you, we were at a theme park full of black asphalt NO SHADE!!!  We got in line to get in at 2:00, gates opened at 4:00.  Got great seats, then had to wait another 5.5 hrs before Big Time Rush came on.
It was during these long hours that I honestly wanted to CRY my eyes out.  I was so hot, so miserable & so being pushed to my limits with the sun I wanted to give up.  I felt like bribing Kaydee with whatever she wanted just so we could get the hell out of there and find some A/C!
Here are a few pics from my journey to hell see BTR:
Me & my big girl!

We survived!!  We're nominating each other for Mother of The Year =)

Daisie & I hung out while Maegan took the big girls on the roller coaster


They were SUPER excited even through the heat =)
Thanks a lot Mix 93.3 for picking the hottest effing day of the year to host this show at a place where there is NO SHADE & metal bleacher seats with no backs.

 Here was my favorite song of the night:

I'm a winter girl, I rarely complain when it's winter.  Even the months covered in ice & snow and bound to your home b/c of the frigid temps.  I can take that!  I love hot tea, a warm blanket & fleece jammies............ please please please bring on winter!  Oh how I miss it!

On a good note, 5 days until I see the (2nd) man of my dreams!


Thank you to the 1st man of my dreams for buying these tickets for us, for my birthday!  Best present EVER!!  I can't wait to hear this mans voice, dance, sing along and enjoy the night with my husband and a few of my other favorite people on the planet =)
Here's my favorite song ever of his ( our wedding song 8 beautiful years ago )
Gives me chills every time I hear it =)

Have a great week!!

1 comments:

J and A said...

Oh man Mother of the year for sure!! Good work, so glad you survived! But it looks like fun! OMG love Kenny too, you will have a great time with both your dream men! :)

Post a Comment