Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Best. Surprise. Ever!

I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine - she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. ~Adabella Radici

I'm the kind of person who gets joy out of making other people happy.  Surprising them, making their day, especially when they least expect it & most deserve it.  I, myself, on the other hand am very hard to surprise.  I don't like being surprised, I like considerate thoughts in little things, but as for big surprises... they scare me.  I am & always have been a self proclaimed control freak.  The planner, the one in charge.  But enough about history....
Last week, my bestie Maegan emailed me asking me if we could have dinner Friday night.  "Yes!" I always get excited for girl time (and food of course).  My 30th birthday is over & done with.  My husband did an amazing job at executing my "Happy List" for  my birthday and making my day amazing.  Then he & Maegan planned a perfect adult weekend, which I previously blogged about, and it was amazing as well!  But Friday, just when I thought it was over & done with.... they did something I never EVER thought possible.  They planned and brought my mom back, from Texas for me.  
Cue the ugly cry!!

For a couple months now, they emailed and planned for her to fly back & surprise me.  Just for me.  Just b/c they love me & wanted to show me surprises can be great & I deserved this.  I miss my mom, daily.  We are best friends.  BEST friends.  She's been down in Texas for almost 5 years now.  We talk daily, email every hour, Skype (gotta LOVE that!)... but having her here in the flesh is a gift that overwhelms me. 
This was Friday night at my surprise dinner.  Me with my mom, my bestie & my aunt Cindy =)


To have a best friend, Maegan, and a husband who would plan something like this just for me leaves me feeling oh so loved!  Enjoying every single minute with my mom.  Watching her with my kids, tea parties, dress up, baseball, ice cream dates, shopping.... much much more.  I won't want to send her back on Saturday, but I will never EVER forget this time.  Just for me.

I hope everyone has an amazing week!

5 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

Wow! What a sweet and thoughtful husband and a WONDERFUL bestie! I'm so glad you got to see your momma!

I love a good ugly cry when it's for a good reason! =)

jessica said...

what a great surprise!

J and A said...

Ah I love that!!! I would ugly cry too!! Well deserved though. :)

Molly said...

I love this, and it's such a sweet surprise! You TOTALLY deserved it girl, you are so amazing to everyone, and I'm glad someone got something over on you ;)

Anonymous said...


Hi there.)

Oh, you ve got such a cute blog!! I love it!
Nice post.))

I need your help (maybe again) ...
I spend new survey ..
Have you watched the MTV awards prizes?
if yes whether you agree with all the awards, or something you think was unfair?

Post a Comment