Thursday, August 25, 2011

I AM.....30.

I have been 30 for 2 weeks now.  Getting used to it, still have a hard time saying it.  I sort of feel wiser, instead of older.  Using the knowledge and experiences of my 20's to make my 30's kick ass!
So for my big day, the hubs asked me the week prior, to make a list of things that would make my birthday perfection.  After much consideration and thought, I made a sort of long, but very simple list of things that just make me HAPPY!  That's what I wanted to feel on that day, was happy!  We don't do store bought gifts, often.  I appreciate them from other people, just not my husband.  He executed my list, along with the kids help on some of them, and my birthday was amazing.  Simply amazing!  I cried that day, but not b/c I was another year older and entering a new decade of my life, I cried with overwhelming emotion for what God has given me already and how blessed I am to have what I have.  These people I share my life with are rare and wonderful!

So enough with the mushy stuff..... you can't turn 30 without having lots & lots a few adult beverages right?  Ok, so the bestie & the hubs got together and planned an adult weekend in KC for our group of friends.  Hotel reservations & all!  Hubs was committed to a golf tourney that morning, so the bestie & I headed to KC bright & early to enjoy the entire day together!  Loved every minute of it.  Once everyone was in KC, we drank, had dinner, drank some more, danced, drank some more.... and more... and more... and then had breakfast & crashed back at the hotel.  It was like old times, times before any of us had children to wake up to =)  Here's a photo re-cap of the weekend that is now in the history books.  I am lucky, and thank God every day for what I have in life.  


So we ran into some "men" in the elevator.  One asked me what I was drinking, I was quick to reply "Oh, it's just lemonade". "From where?" he asked.  "Malibu" was my response.  You had to be there, it was too funny.  It was malibu & pineapple juice.  Oh. So. Yummy.
Ain't we purdy?
Not sure what's up with my face, I was having a good time though =)


This was prior to dinner, and I'm still trying to figure out why Chris appears to be a midget when he was in fact the tallest man in the room at 6'4". 

Again with the face.... I have no words.  I love this man =)

Cheers to 30!!

My favorite people =)
Have a great weekend all!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Awwww, what a sweet hubby to ask for a birthday list! I love it!

Happy 30!

J and A said...

I love that you made a list and he executed! :) You are just too beautiful lady. Love the juice from Malibu! I need some!!! Glad to have you back! Hugs.

Post a Comment