Monday, June 27, 2011

Miscellany Monday - Confessions of an art work junkie


Hi, my names Jamie & I am an art work junkie.  A hoarder of sorts I suppose.  It was just this past spring when I was doing some cleaning that I realized how bad this has gotten.  I can't seem to part with anything the kids bring home!  I've got it all, even the scrappy papers with just minor scribbles on it.  Preschool, Kindergarten, messing around the house on weekends.... I've got it all!  Here are a few examples:
Kaydee made this in preschool 5 years ago.

Ty made this pizza this year in Kindergarten.

couldn't even tell you what this is or about, but I have it!

Kaydee getting the hang of writing her name (well).

A sunflower Ty made for Kansas week in preschool.

A cat Kaydee drew in Kindergarten.

Ty was finger painting, I think he was 2.

Not sure what this is either, it appears to be 2 mermaids swimming or 2 people drowning under a ship?  Worth keeping!


I've got art work & worksheets in closets, cabinets, hanging on the wall, framed on the wall, hanging from my rear view mirror (you know those cute little bead necklaces every kid makes), in boxes under my bed, in drawers, EVERYWHERE!
They'll thank me right?  Or will the eventually resent me when one of them has to give up a bedroom to make room for it all?  Ha, kidding.  Anyone else have this problem?  Is there a local support group I can join? =)

Happy Monday everyone!  Prayers for my wonderful grandfather who will undergo surgery in a couple hours again.  After having both knees replaced in April & 2 months of rehab, fell again last week and will start all over.  Surgery on both knees again today.  Love you grandpa!

2 comments:

J and A said...

They will thank you! :) So cute! How could you part with it!! Hope Gramps does well! :)

jessica said...

awwwww i know there is no way i could throw away fun little kid art! i love kid creations!

Post a Comment