Friday, June 24, 2011

It's time for some Friday Confessional!

First off, Happy Birthday Dad!  54 years young today!

Hello again, apologies for my lack of blogging!  With 3 kids I just can't sit & work on it like I could when they were in school.  Also, my header is JACKED up!  in an attempt to change up my blog design I totally twisted the entire blog up & at one point almost threw the computer out the window.  One of these days I'll sit down & figure it all out.  But it's Friday, and I'm not in the mood to be stressed!

Today Friday June 24th:

I confess to being super bummed that tomorrow is Ty's last baseball game this season.  I am one proud baseball mama!  I wear my tshirt with pride every single game.  Other mama's may come in their cute little sun dresses (I'm not judging) but I'd rather show up in team gear and yell my heart out!  Go #12!

I confess to still having breast milk in our freezer.  Chris asks me from time to time if I'm "saving it for a special occasion".  No, I just can't bring myself to toss it.  Can I donate it to needy children?  I'm just kidding!  Or am I?

I confess I have a super hard time leaving my children with people.  My in-laws are the only ones who ever watch them if we need a sitter.  Chris' grandma "G-ma Betty" helps out as well, but only 1 kid at a time and not for very long.  I am faced with a dilemma this Saturday night.  We got free tickets (Thank you Jim Allen @ 106.9) to the Country Stampede.  I REALLY want to see Brad Paisley & Blake Shelton.  My in-laws are going to be out of town!  I have so many people who would love to keep my kids, I just can't being myself to try it.  I'm not sure if it's trust or just my delightful OCD, but I need to figure something out or Chris will be going to the concert solo.  Boo.

I confess I've already been scouting Halloween costumes.  I can't stand the store bought kind.  I like being different.

I confess that I don't brag about my hubby much.  He doesn't need me to, he knows I love him so!  He does however do many sweet things for me, without being asked that make my day!  I am very proud of him as a husband & father.  Sacrificing more than most men would so I can be home with our children while they are young.  We are high school sweethearts & our journey hasn't always been sunshine & rainbows.  I am so happy that in times of struggle we both chose not to give up.  We are very lucky & blessed.  I love you babe!

I confess I've been digging through poop.  Yes poop.  Carsen swallowed a penny last Thursday.  Oh the joys of motherhood.  Those of you reading this who are not yet mothers, your day will come.  Poop will be a normal topic of conversation and you won't even remember what it was like talking about grown up stuff.  No penny yet.  I think an XRay is in our near future =(
Lets hope she's still smiling when it passes!  Don't take this picture too seriously, she had sunscreen in her hair along with her dinner.... we were headed to the tub!

I confess I am SUPER excited about tonight!!  Bestie time & it's long overdue!  We are headed to KC!  No men, no kids, just me & my Maegan!

Have a fantastic weekend!!




2 comments:

VandyJ said...

We rely so much on our parents for kid care that I feel guilty asking them to take them when we want an evening out.
Have fun with your bestie!

Unknown said...

My oldest once swallowed the chain of my favorite necklace. Talk about freaked out. Have fun on your outing.

Post a Comment