Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

 Wishing everyone a safe & fun 4th of July!  I'm not a HUGE fan of firecrackers, but I am a fan of big family gatherings & amazing food!  We love our annual get together at my hubbys parents house.  All of our famiy & friends come, we chill (sweat is more like it), eat, watch the kids run swim & play, and then walk a couple blocks over to the lake and watch the big night show!  I do believe this is our 10th year of this party, yay!
This holiday holds a special meaning for me.  9 years ago, I woke up on 4th of July morning, with the nervous suspicion that I was pregnant.
Sure enough!
Let me tell you, that may have been the single best moment of my life!
After having surgery at age 19 and being diagnosed with Endometriosis, having the docs tell me that having babies might not ever happen for me......
I WAS OVER THE MOON!!
 7 months & 7 days later, my baby girl Kaydee June was born!
Speaking of Kaydee June, I'll be heading to watch her dance in the Spirit of Kansas festival this morning!  Go girl!
Here is what my day will involve:
 You bet I will be enjoying a few of these!  My FIL makes the best Mojitos!

Nice juicy cheeseburgers!  Fresh from the grill, prepared by the hubs =)
 Hot dogs!  The kids love 'em!


 Corn-on-the-cob? Yum-O!  Chris likes to grill it!
Kaydee's favorite!
 Lots of sweet things to munch on all day long!

Oh, one last thing... have you entered my very first give-a-way yet?
Read official details ----> HERE!!

Have a safe & fun holiday everyone everywhere!

0 comments:

Post a Comment