Saturday, April 2, 2011

and she said... YES!

So, I can finally shout from the roof tops what I've been jumping out of my skin excited about for a couple weeks now!  My little brother, only brother, wonderful brother asked his ever-so-long time girlfriend Ashlyn to marry him!!  He purchased the (amazingly beautiful ring) all by himself.  Informed me & my mom.  Asked HER mom to lunch to ask her permission.  Bought supplies, planned every single detail, and then finally...Friday night...the moment of truth!!  Chris & I hid with video camera & camera in hand(s) in the trees to capture the entire event!  Part of me was scared that passerbys would think we would child molesters or murderers.... but without fail the entire thing was a success!!  I love these 2 with all my heart, I've never been more excited to participate in something so romantic & sweet!!  I cried, cried, cried.  Which is why Chris was in charge of the video.  Oh my goodness, it feels so good to announce the big news!  Congrats Joel & Ashlyn, I love love love ya!  Lets get to planning us you guys a wedding!!

here's what I've felt like for the past couple weeks.... =)

SNL - Kristin Wiig as Sue Video

and.. this is the song that was stuck in my head leading up to last night... =)



and here's the happy couple
(this pic wasn't taken last night)

and here's the rock!


Have a great weekend all!!

2 comments:

Molly said...

So sweet! I was hoping you'd post the video on the blog, boo :(

What a sweet brother! Maybe my husband should take some lessons, sheesh!

Ashley said...

That is so exciting!! I was hoping for a video too....I can always go for a good happy cry! haha

Post a Comment