Friday, February 11, 2011

My journey to motherhood.... today in history

8, wow yes, 8 years ago today I became a mother.  I've been up all night with my sick baby girl, so I've had lots of time to reflect on that day.  Just thinking back to 2001, and being told that I may never have kids after being diagnosed with Endometriosis.  Then to bring my dream to life, literally, on February 11th 2003 at 9:27 p.m. was the best day of my life.  Love at first sight, had to wait an hour to hold her, didn't want to let her go.  6 lbs. 1 oz brown hair long toes.  I was exhausted, 14 hrs of labor followed by a csection will do that to ya.  I was overwhelmed, very emotional, and probably scared to death.  I was responsible for her, it was up to me!  I gave her life, now I have to show her life.  Kaydee, you are not old enough to understand what that day really meant to me.  You were the very first of the 3 best things that ever happened to me.  I thank God for you every single day of my life.  I couldn't love you more if I tried.  Thank you for picking me, you are and will always be my world!



0 comments:

Post a Comment