Monday, February 21, 2011

What I've come to learn...

The past couple weeks have been quite a whirlwind of days, emotions, and events.  Our Little Miss was diagnosed with RSV in  the ER on Wednesday February 9th.  Through that sleepless night I had to get myself up, dressed and presentable for the next mornings Parent Teacher Conferences.  Lucky for me, the conferences were a breeze.  Both children are advanced and doing amazingly well.  Ty was the only student in Kindergarten to score 100% of the math assessment!  Kaydee is reading at a 4th grade level!  Hooray for good reports!  That night we drove to KCI to pick up my  mom!!  It had been 7 months since her last visit and boy did we miss her!  Carsen had to stay home with Chris b/c she just wasn't feeling good at all.  The next day, Carsen got much worse.  A trip to the Dr Friday afternoon ended up admitting her to the peds unit Friday ( Kaydee's 8th Birthday! ), Saturday, Sunday & Monday.  Those 4 days were a struggle for me that I can't really put in to words.  Each morning, watching the sunrise from the hospital window was peaceful yet sad.  We have amazing family & friends though, their support and constant concern got us through those dark days in that room!  Props to my hubs, who slept in the vinyl recliner every single night while Carsen & I shared the bed.  The rest of the week was a week of celebration, recovery & quality time.  We sent my mom back home Saturday and are counting down the days until we drive to see her in April!!

I've come to learn that a child may outgrow their mothers lap, but they never outgrow the need for the mothers love & encouragement.  I love you mom!
I've come to learn that the most imperfect of situations can become the most perfect situations with the right family & a little creativity!

I've come to learn that when a child becomes ill, everything else in life seems very insignificant.

I've come to learn that if you have raised a child to understand and overcome obstacles, they don't resent you for birthdays gone bad!!  Kaydee June, thank you for being a big girl and understanding!


I've learned that cake tastes the same whether it's eaten at a birthday party, or in a hospital room!
I've learned that I have the most amazing family, that can overcome any obstacle, illness, crappy day or challenge!  Thank you God!








0 comments:

Post a Comment