Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday!

Fat Tuesday: Mardi Gras is French for "Fat Tuesday", referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday.


Being the good little catholic girl, oh hush, that I am.... I'll take advantage of this day of indulgence!  Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent.  This year I've decided, instead of refraining from meat on Fridays only, I am giving up meat ( beef specifically ) for the entire duration of Lent!  Here in the Votaw house, we LOVE our meat!  I cook meals consisting of beef at least 3 or 4 times a week.  This will be quite the challenge, but I am up for it!  I've acquired some recipes, beef free, that will assist in my journey!

I am NEVER impulsive, never ever.  If I can't talk myself out of something, especially costly things, there is always someone close who serves as the voice of reason.  Yesterday, no voice of reason!  So today, I'm heading to fill out adoption papers on a sweet little girl we met at the shelter yesterday.  This little cutie pie was about the only dog NOT barking it's head off as we toured the place.  Coming home, I expected Chris to call me crazy and completely cut off my idea ( especially since adoption fees went up to $150 )!  But, he actually agreed!  He must be looking to score ( literally ) some brownie points, ha!  Anyways, fingers crossed, if we bring her home pics will be on my next post!

Have a great day!

Jamie

0 comments:

Post a Comment