Monday, March 28, 2011

"I said Paris France, not In My Pants!"

Quote of the weekend!  Give it some thought, I'll reveal the details at the end of todays post =)

A look back at our weekend in photos:

{one}

Her thought bubble brought good luck to the Jayhawks Friday, but for Sunday it maybe should have said "Go Home Hawks".  We are a house divided, I actually WAS cheering for KU to pull through, but it's hard not to cheer for VCU... what a team to make it this far!

{two}

from left to right:
Carsen, Cooper, Daisie, Kaydee, Ty & Boedi
A house full of crazy good mannered children Friday night as the daddies were enjoying the game elsewhere and the mama's were enjoying it while eating my cheesy goodness spinach & artichoke dip (refer to Fridays post for recipe) and red beer ( except for the prego! )

{three}
if I could insert picture

----
HERE
----

the caption would say:
Best sandwich on the planet!!  Chris & I spent the afternoon alone Saturday and ate lunch at Quitens.  Oh my goodness the sandwich was turkey, mayo, cream cheese & bean sprouts + some cream of spinach soup OH MY!

{four}

Can you tell who's the avid scholar & who's the class clown?  It's a miracle the boy has yet to get in trouble for anything at school.  Mama's famous words "leave your sister ALONE!"

{five}

Kaydee picked me a flower during their trip to breakfast Sunday morning.  The every Sunday happening, that I had to skip in order to clean up Carsens puking escapade.  Good times.  Thanks for the flower K!  Hard to believe you can pick something so beautiful the same day you can take my next photo:

{six}

snow glorious snow.  Loved it for a few months, it is very pretty.  Now I very much dislike!  I'm ready to pack away the winter coats, hats, mittens and boots and replace them with tanks, flip flops & swim suits!

Last but not least, here is a pic of what brought about the quote of the weekend:

{seven}

A little history:
For two years after high school, while putting myself through community college, I worked as a nanny for a family here in town.  We traveled several times during my run as nanny.  One of the trips we spent a month in Europe, several different countries.  I purchased this Eiffel Tower as a keepsake.  It has been displayed several places around my house, and has recently been in the closet.  The kids found it leading to;
The story:
Playing "hide the Eiffel Tower", the kids took turns hiding it around the house and finding it.  Kaydee had hid it, Ty was looking.  He approached Chris and asked "Dad, where's the Eiffel Tower?".  Chris replied "Paris France." - Ty then proceeded to feel up Chris leg in search of the Eiffel Tower which lead to the quote of the weekend.  "I said Paris France, not in my pants!!".  We all nearly fell over laughing.  You probably had to be there to appreciate the moment, reading back it's far less funny in this post =) 

Happy Monday!







 

0 comments:

Post a Comment