Monday, March 14, 2011


Feel free to play along.  Create a list of your own, or tag a friends list and tweak it!  My list today is based on my weekly DVR schedule!  God bless the new age of DVR, here's what mine records and what I enjoy watching during down time.

{ONE}
The Biggest Loser
Love the "real" of this reality show.  Love the emotions, hard work, and positive life changing experience that these people get from being a part of this show.

{TWO}
American Idol
I gave up on it for a few seasons, this year I'm back in the action!  Love the new judges, I'm glad I gave them a chance b/c when I first heard who they were I'd passed it off and decided not to watch.  SO glad I am watching!  Talent is amazing this year!

{THREE}
The First 48
Deep down inside of me, there lives a private investigator just screaming to be heard!  I love this show, sorry that there is actually a show based on real murders though.  It's a good behind the scenes look at how victims are identified, cases are solved, and justice is served!  I also love hearing people's "street" names for one another.  One of my all time fav's, Cheeseburger.  Yep, that's what they called him!

{FOUR}
Greys Anatomy
Another show that I considered giving up on a time or two, but the writers have stepped it up the past couple seasons and it's much more entertaining!  I love shows with good underlying humor, this one hits just right on that.  Love me some McSteamy =)

{FIVE}
Private Practice
This is one I hate to love.  Some weeks it fascinates me, other weeks it annoys me!  I stick it out though, I get hooked on the story line.  Although this show is far from reality, or how any doctor in this country actually practices medicine!  If that is actually how they live out West, take me there!

{SIX}
Wheel Of Fortune
Yes, you read that right.  I DVR The Wheel!  My OCD requires me to check every night to see if I'm the "Lucky Wheel Club Member" who has won the nightly trip associated with the prize puzzle.  Not sure if you're laughing when reading this or thinking that I'm the biggest idiot that ever was?  I don't want to know my chances of winning or how many other people are entered to win this... just let me keep believing that it'll be me one of these days!  Ha!

{SEVEN}
Coming Home
A brand new series on Lifetime.  I'm a sucker for tear jerkers.  This one takes the cake!  If you ever need a reason to stop complaining that your husband works too much or too hard, watch this and it'll give you that reason!  These families struggle in a way I'm not sure I could.  Heartfelt homecomings of service members who have been away from their families for way too long!  God Bless you all!

{EIGHT}
Chelsea Lately
Most nights I choose to watch this show instead of our local news.  Much more entertaining, although it leaves me clueless as to the weather forecast for my area or local news I may need to keep up on.  Oh well!  I love me some Chelsea!  So funny, so offensive, so my kind of girl!  My favorite comics on her panel, Jo Koy, Josh Caparulo & Heather McDonald!  Watch it!

{NINE}
Teen Mom 2
Sad but true, I'm a little ashamed to admit this one.  It's like a strange habit or addiction I can't seem to break.  I used to have a similar addiction to the MTV "challenge" shows ie: The Duel, The Gauntlet etc.  This one will def. make you feel like a better mother after watching it!  Maybe it gives me the affirmation I need to mother my own children.  There are a couple of good girls on it this time, that actually make good mothers.  But for the most part, the drama that surrounds these girls is so immature and childish I catch myself wanting to scream profanity at the television!  My heart goes out to the kids on the show, the babies, I hope this show doesn't exploit them in a way that ruins their life... if their mothers don't manage to do that for them.

{TEN}
My Fair Wedding With David Tutera
If I could go out tomorrow, and choose a new profession ( yes I consider a mother & homemaker a profession ) I would choose being a party planner.  I love planning events, parties and the little details are what make events great.  I love this show, I love how he can make a girls dreams come true on her wedding day when she doesn't have the finances or resources to do so herself!  He is so creative, really takes an idea, and makes it a beautiful vision!  Some day, I will get a 2nd chance to recreate my wedding day and do it the way I always dreamed.  Chris & I payed for our own wedding, and although I am a very NOT materialistic girl, I'd love to do it bigger, better possibly tropical, for a vow renewal some day.  Our 10 year is approaching in a couple years, and we've discussed doing this.  Just not sure where, when or how exactly yet!  Stay tuned!

What's on YOUR DVR list?  Do you have a show that is worthy of being on my list?  Let me know what you're watching!  It takes me a while to catch up on DVR'd shows ( my down time is limited to naps & after I've put the kids to bed at night ) but I love new shows!


0 comments:

Post a Comment