Monday, March 7, 2011

A little of this, a little of that...

Monday, you come around WAY to quickly for me!  I love great weekends, and ours this past was right up there with the best!  It was a busy weekend, but in a fun stress free sort of way =)

The good news?  Ty got a drum set!  The bad news?  Ty got a drum set!  A huge, actual real life drum set.  Kaydee has shown some impressive skill on it over the weekend!  Go girl!  Ty loves it, daddy loves it, now if he can find a way to sound proof the garage... mommy will love it just the same!

Out with the old, and in with the new:  Sold our couch Saturday, less than 24 hrs after listing the darn thing on Craigslist.  Brought our new couch in on Sunday!  Love it!  Now, in need of some color in that room.  Checking in to a new lamp shade, possible new curtains & pillows.  I need color! 

Laughed may a$s off Saturday night at the Jeff Dunham Show!  The show got off to a late start, but it was a very enjoyable evening sitting cozy laughing with my hubs!  Thanks oh brother-in-law for those tickets for Christmas!  Loved it!

Yesterday was my besties 30th birthday!!  Surprised her at Buffalo Wild Wings, and I made her favorite chocolate mint cupcakes!  I'm the last one in our group to turn 30, thank goodness!  Reflecting on my 20's, I can see how my life has grown, changed and I can't wait to use that knowledge to make my 30's GREAT!  Happy Birthday Maegy!!  You know I would have been committed long ago if I didn't have you to keep me from going off the deep end!  I love you girl!

Ok, so I have a new favorite show.  I'm such a sap, it's probably not in my best interest to watch it but I can't resist!  'Coming Home', 9:00 on Sundays on Lifetime.  Very emotional to see these families that do without their husbands, sons, brothers etc. for months & years at a time!  I will no longer complain that my husband has to work 11 hrs a day.  These families go through something I'm not sure I could handle.  I guess you get used to it when you don't have a choice, but God Bless them for sacrificing what we take for granted every single day.  Loved every minute of it, even the minutes I was sobbing like a baby!

Have a great week all!  My week is busy.  PTO stuff and planing the school carnival is going to keep me busy for a while =)  Once my living room is done I'll post pics.  If I can ever manage to go pick out fabric without having an overwhelming sense of anxiety =)

Jamie

0 comments:

Post a Comment