Friday, March 11, 2011

Aprroved! + The Confessional!

for the love of,


Well, we've succeeded!  We passed the back ground check, the reference checks and finally the home inspection.  I began to get a sense of what it might be like to adopt a child!  Wow, that was a trip!  Harlo is officially being adopted by the Votaw Family!  She is being spayed & micro chipped and then middle of next week we're bringing our pretty girl home! 
  • She is allowed in the city of Topeka.  Restrictions apply ( which we will follow )
  • Our home owners insurance will not pay for a claim made based on damages if the dog were to ever cause any.
  • She will be micro-chipped & registered to US!  Hooray!
Patting myself on the back for going through the steps and adopting this dog the right way, for the right reasons!  Here are some pics of her during our visit today.  She was super excited to be out of her kennel and playing with people!  She is a very smart girl!  Lots of sloppy kisses =)




My 2 blogger friends, Molly and Kelly  partake in this Friday blog post.  Today, Friday March 11th, I have 2 things to confess.
  1. I confess that I am STILL using the same hair dryer that I've had since I was 19.  Yes, that's 10 years people!  To make matters worse, it sometimes gives off sparks and is sure to catch my hair on fire one of these days.  Time for an upgrade, I just can't bring myself to pay for a new one!!  This one has been so good to me =)
  2. I confess that I cried this morning.  1 year & 1 month after giving birth to Carsen I have officially lost all of my baby weight & finally fit in to my FAVORITE favorite favorite pair of jeans from the Buckle.  I also confess that I had one hell of a muffin top after I got these suckers buttoned, but I got 'em up, got 'em buttoned and would have jumped for joy if not for the fear of splitting them clear down the rear!  So, I cried =)  I love celebrating the little victories!


2 comments:

Molly said...

The dog is def gorgeous, congrats girl! WHOO HOO!

Yay for the jeans, I know how badly you wanted to fit back into those, although you're a freaking string bean already!

xoxo

Kelly said...

YAY for 1. the new pup! 2. getting the jeans buttoned!! & maybe...get a new hairdryer? I feel that sparks and fire on your head might be dangerous haha

Post a Comment