Monday, March 14, 2011

This Old Gray Mare, She Ain't What She Used To Be!

Broke my legs in this weekend!  It's been a long winter, walked or jogged from time to time on random nice days.  This weekend however, back to business!  I am in no way an athlete, nor have I ever really desired to be.  Since becoming a mom, I have learned that I have to channel my inner athlete to keep up with these active kids.  Especially Ty.  Ask him, and he'll tell you, he's faster than me!  Sad but true.  Speed is not one of my strengths, but hey didn't the tortoise win the race?  Anyways, I am closing this chapter entitled "My 20's" and entering "My 30's" in just 5 short months.  Good lord, what was the point of this post? Oh yeah, my body is starting to remind me that I am getting older!  And my gray hairs are also a constant reminder as they stare at me in the mirror every day.  I am now officially in the "resistant gray" category of the hair coloring box!   For some of you reading this, you're laughing b/c you're older than me & you think I'm crazy, and for some others you're laughing b/c you're younger than me and are telling yourself you won't go through this!!  Ha!  The past 3 days, these kids have put me through the ringer!  Horribly painful Funny story:  Ty kept challenging me to sprints this weekend ( remember he's faster than me ).  One race in particular, he cuts me off, I trip over him, and we both tumble head over heals about 10 feet.  Are you picturing how that looked?  Hopefully the neighbors were not watching!  The moral of this post is, well I'm not exactly sure, but I keep telling myself that I will always do my best to keep up with these kids, entertain them in a fun way, even if it means making a complete ass fool out of myself!  Being a 1 income family, (these days isn't easy) we have to find creative ways as a family to  have fun, and stay active without spending money every time we leave the house.  It may not be glamorous or fancy, but we hope it results in well rounded, humble kids that look back and love the time their parents took to show them some fun =)

Here's our weekend in photos:
Carsen Mae playing Godzilla Dora Doll House


Sweet baby girl, gazing out the window =)


Seela & Kaydee during the baby shower we attended



Shannon & I with our pretty little girls at the baby shower.



Kaydee playing pin the princess on the castle, Kaydee took the prize! At Mylee's 3rd Birthday party.



Mylee's 3rd Birthday cake, I didn't eat any but Kaydee said it was yummy!  It was a chocolate chip castle cake!



Carsen loves her daddy, winding down the busy weekend relaxing on the couch =)


I just realized there I didn't take a single picture of Ty all weekend.  Horrible!  Sorry buddy, you don't stay in one spot long enough to snap a pic =)

1 comments:

Kelly said...

aw sounds like you had fun! I can picture the tripping it sounds horrible and kind of funny all at once!! Hope y'all are having a fabulous Monday!!

Post a Comment