Friday, March 25, 2011

How about some Friday Confessional?

First off, HAPPY FRIDAY! Follow me through my confessional and I've attached a yummy surprise for this Friday post!


I confess that I am ready to send the kids back to school Monday!  Love love love having them home with me, but having them around has jeopardized Carsens nap schedule all week long!  They have such loud voices ( gee I wonder where they get that? have you met me? )! Ha!  Love you both, but have fun at school again starting Monday =)

I confess that I am mildly obsessed with eating ( until my metabolism catches up to me one of these years ) and that our grocery bill is going to drive us in to the poor house if I keep it up!  Watching food network and Top Chef isn't helping this slight addiction any either!

I confess to seeing Bruce Willis on television yesterday and being oddly attracted to him =) (go ahead tell my hubs!)

I confess to avoiding all conversations with Kaydee that include ( but are not limited to ) these topics:
  • Conception & how babies actually come to BE
  • Santa Clause & his magical reindeer
  • The Easter bunny & his actual size
  • Summer camp & the Horse riding adventure she wishes to attend at the cost of $260!
~ Honesty is one of my major policies, and I'm just not prepared to tackle these subject with my 8 year old!  Any suggestions?  I'm wide open!

I confess that as I sit here typing this post I have consumed 15 ( yes 15 ) of these bad boys!  I can't stop, there must be a Keebler addiction group somewhere in this great country =)  15 doesn't seem so bad ( or does it? ) until you hear that there are only 24 in the entire package! Don't judge!!  It's Friday, let me indulge =)


I confess that I received news this week that has my literally jumping out of my skin with excitement!!!  Stay tuned for that big reveal.... my lips are sealed for now ( or my head will be on a chopping block )!

So that's pretty much it, except for the promise of  yummy goodness included at the end so here it is...  It's my recipe for hot cheesy spinach & artichoke dip!!  Plus something for the legal to drink crowd to wash it down with =)

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (cubed) - I also add at least a 1/2 cup of this SHREDDED randomly throughout the process.  You can never have enough cheese!
1 teaspoon minced garlic
10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of its juices
1 can (14 oz size) artichoke hearts, chopped (I use the kind found in a jar & I chop them super duper fine!)


** Double this recipe for serving 6 or more. 



PREPARATION:

Combine all ingredients. Place in shallow casserole dish. You can bake the dip for about 15-20 ( I stir 1/2 way through ) minutes at 325 F (until brown & bubbly).  Sprinkle lots of the shredded mozz on top first!!  Remember, you can never have enough cheesy goodness =)

When you're done it should look a little something like this...




Then a little something to wash it down with....

Asian Pear Mojito!

1 tbsp sugar
3  lime sections
5 mint leaves
1 oz sour apple pucker schnapps
1.5 oz rum
1 oz pineapple juice
1 splash club soda
and ICE!

Muddle (mash) the lime, sugar and mint leaves together. Add the Sour Apple Pucker, Rum, and Pineapple Juice.  Put over ice & add club soda to taste! 

That's my Friday & I'm sticking to it!  Fun weekend ahead, maybe I'll take pictures unlike last weekend =)


1 comments:

Molly said...

If you get any advice on what to say to Miss K about those lovely topics, let me know ;)

Um what is this news you speak of?? I'm nosey, I need to know, ha!

Post a Comment